Running IT Like a Business - A step-by-step guide to Accenture's internal IT
BIC: Management & management techniques, COMPUTING: GENERAL
BISAC: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Management, COMPUTERS / General
Published: 18 Oct 2011
Global management, technology and outsourcing company Accenture has achieved incredible results through the transformation of its IT function. It has doubled its revenues in ten years and significantly decreased its IT spending despite an increase in workforce of nearly 300%, and its number of satisfied customers is growing and growing.
This book explains how they achieved this and lets you in on Accenture’s secrets to its award-winning way of running IT like a business, including the seven key elements of its IT strategy.
Running IT like a Business will show you how your IT function can provide much more than products and services, and add real value to your business. With clear strategies, helpful diagrams and real-life examples, this book will give you the keys to unlocking your IT function’s hidden potential. It will show you how your IT function can:
- use the latest technology developments to help your organisation to do things better and faster, and with improved cost management.
- take advantage of communication and collaboration technologies for greater synergy and higher productivity.
- identify and analyse business risks and apply measures to reduce them.
- implement technologies to diversify and grow your business.
- develop vital communication skills and techniques to facilitate the change process.
- realise cost savings across the organisation.
Uncover the secrets of an award-winning IT function and apply them to your business.
1: IT Strategy and Governance
2: Crafting a Menu of Managed Services
3: Tracking IT Performance
4: Creating Value across the Enterprise
5: Tricks of the Trade for Running IT like a Business
6: Toward High-performance IT
7: Accenture’s IT Journey