Now in its second edition, EU GDPR – An Implementation and Compliance Guide is a clear and comprehensive guide to this new data protection law, providing a detailed commentary on the Regulation, and setting out the obligations of data
processors and controllers in clear and comprehensible terms.
Read this book to learn:
- How the GDPR differs from the 1995 EU Data Protection Directive (DPD).
- How the Regulation relates to your organisation and how to adjust your processes to comply with it.
- The best way of avoiding “effective, proportionate and dissuasive” fines.
New for the second edition:
- Additional definitions and a new implementation FAQ.
- Further guidance on data protection impact assessments (DPIAs), subject access requests (SARs) and the role of the data protection officer (DPO).
- Clarification of consent and the alternative lawful bases for processing personal data.
All organisations – wherever they are in the world – that process the personal data of EU residents must comply with the Regulation. Failure to do so could cost them up to €20 million or 4% of annual global turnover in fines.
The GDPR will have a significant impact on data protection regimes around the world. This book shows you exactly what you need to do to comply.
1: Privacy Compliance Frameworks
2: Role of the Data Protection Officer
3: Common Data Security Failures
4: Six Data Protection Principles
5: Requirements for Data Protection Impact Assessments
6: Risk Management and DPIAs
7: Data Mapping
8: Conducting DPIAs
9: Data Subjects’ Rights
11: Subject Access Requests
12: Controllers and Processors
13: Managing Personal Data Internationally
14: Incident Response Management and Reporting
15: GDPR Enforcement
16: Transitioning and Demonstrating Compliance
Appendix 1: Index of the Regulation
Appendix 2: EU/EEA National Supervisory Authorities
Appendix 3: Implementation FAQ