‘I am convinced that you will find equal delight in absorbing the sage advice and pragmatic guidance that the team offers in this book and look forward to seeing it perched on the shelves amongst my other go-to guides for Cloud Computing.’ Christofer Hoff
Cloud Computing: Assessing the risks uses jargon-free language and relevant examples, analogies and diagrams to explain the key benefits and risks that come with adopting Cloud services. Written by three internationally renowned experts, the book discusses the primary concerns of most business leaders – the security and risk elements of the Cloud. But security and risk are just two elements of Cloud Computing, and this book covers all the critical components of a successful Cloud programme, including compliance, risk, reliability, availability, areas of responsibility, Cloud computing borders, legalities, digital forensics and business continuity.
Learn what the Cloud can do for you
The authors are careful to describe the challenges as well as the benefits of using Cloud services, giving the reader more realistic expectations of what a Cloud service can provide, and an understanding of how to successfully manage the risks and threats.
The book explains how you can make your business more flexible in order to seize opportunities offered by the Cloud and gives you an understanding of international data protection and privacy laws around Cloud computing.
Written from a risk and management perspective, rather than a technical one, the book enables non-experts to make informed decisions when selecting Cloud services. It will enable you to:
- understand the different types of Cloud and know which is the right one for your business
- have realistic expectations of what a Cloud service can give you, and enable you to manage it in the way that suits your business
- minimise potential disruption by successfully managing the risks and threats
- make appropriate changes to your business in order to seize opportunities offered by Cloud
- set up an effective governance system and benefit from the consequential cost savings and reductions in expenditure
- understand the legal implications of international data protection and privacy laws, and protect your business against falling foul of such laws
- appreciate how the Cloud can benefit your business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
Buy this book and understand the business benefits you could achieve by moving to the Cloud.
1. Cloud Computing Explained
2. How Cloud Computing Changes Security, Governance, Risk and Compliance
3. Governance of Cloud Computing
4. Cloud Computing Top Security Risks
5. Assessing Security in the Cloud
6. Cloud Computing Application Security
7. Organisational Risks Associated with Cloud Computing
8. Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery in Cloud Computing
9. Investigations and Forensics in the Cloud
10. Cloud Computing Borders - National and International Deployment
11. Evaluating Compliance in the Cloud
12. Where Cloud Computing is Heading