Companies invest billions in technology projects each year, yet their success rates remain surprisingly low. One way of ensuring that projects meet their objectives is to conduct assessments or audits at key points during their lifecycle.
Assessing IT Projects to Ensure Successful Outcomes is a comprehensive reference guide that focuses on the assessment of IT projects, providing in-depth guidance on structuring and conducting an IT project assessment from planning to presentation, including:
- Types of assessments and project approaches.
- Determining a suitable assessment approach, developing a plan, preparing inventories and planning for logistics.
- Information collection and assessment.
- Project scoping, change management, schedule management and cost management.
- Key roles and focus areas for each project stage.
- RAID (risks, actions, issues, decisions) management throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Compliance with standard frameworks.
- How to package and present an assessment’s findings and recommendations.
Organised into five main sections and interspersed with case studies based on the author’s extensive experience, the book also features key considerations, best practices and a detailed summary section containing checklists for assessing all stages of a project.
Although principally aimed at professionals who are assessing projects, Assessing IT Projects to Ensure Successful Outcomes can also be used by project managers looking for a comprehensive view of approaches for managing projects, or as a means of preparing for an assessment of their project.
Buy your comprehensive reference guide to IT project assessments today.
2: Assessment Approach
3: Define the Plan
4: Collect Information
5: Assess and Recommend
6: Package and Present