Throughout December, keep an eye out for exclusive blogs, interviews and product discounts from ITGP’s author of the month, Alan Field.
In our final interview with Alan, we discuss the importance of implementing an EnMS (energy management system) and what steps organisations should take to achieve certification.
What is an energy management system?
ISO 50001:2018 helps organisations from all different sectors to use energy more efficiently by developing an EnMS. Implementing an EnMS will enable organisations to conserve their resources better, which in turn will save them money and lower their impact on the environment.
ISO 50001:2018 provides a framework for organisations to:
• Create a policy to help use energy more efficiently;
• Develop targets to meet the policy;
• Use data to make decisions on energy usage;
• Measure results;
• Assess if the policy is working; and
• Improve energy management.
20% off all Alan’s ITGP products
As an early Christmas gift, receive a 20% discount on all Alan’s products when you enter the discount code FIELD20 at the ITGP checkout.
Alan’s products include:
• ISO 37001 – An Introduction to Anti-Bribery Management Systems
• ISO 37001:2016 ABMS Documentation Toolkit
ISO/IEC 50001: A pocket guide
ITGP will be launching its ISO/IEC 50001 pocket guide – written by Alan – in 2019. Sign up to our newsletter to find out when the pocket guide will be released and to keep up to date with other news from ITGP.
You can sign up here: