SIAM (service integration and management) is an increasingly important part of the way organisations work.
It has been developed as organisations move away from outsourced contracts with a single supplier to an environment with multiple service providers. Those that follow its practices will create an environment where all parties:
- Know their role, responsibilities and context in the ecosystem;
- Are empowered to deliver; and
- Are held accountable for the outcomes they are required to deliver.
For organisations that want help with SIAM, IT Governance Publishing is releasing a second edition of Service Integration and Management (SIAM™) Foundation Body of Knowledge (BoK).
This book introduces the EXIN SIAM™ Foundation syllabus and provides essential reading for the Foundation exam.
It also offers a detailed introduction to the SIAM methodology for those who do not want to undertake formal certification.
Written by Claire Agutter and SIAM experts from around the world, this book has been updated to reflect changes to the market and is the official guide for the EXIN SIAM™ Foundation certification.
Claire Agutter is a service management trainer, consultant and author. In 2017 and 2018, she was recognised as an HDI Top 25 Thought Leader and was part of the team that won itSMF UK’s thought leadership award.
She’s also the host of the popular ITSM Crowd Hangouts, Chief Architect for VeriSM and director of ITSM Zone, which provides online IT service management training.
Service Integration and Management (SIAM™) Foundation Body of Knowledge (BoK) contains:
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Service Integration and Management (SIAM)
- Chapter 2: SIAM roadmap
- Chapter 3: SIAM structures
- Chapter 4: SIAM and other practices
- Chapter 5: SIAM roles and responsibilities
- Chapter 6: SIAM practices
- Chapter 7: SIAM cultural considerations
- Chapter 8: Challenges and risks
- Appendix A: Glossary of terms, List of acronyms
- Appendix B: The SIAM Process Guides
The book suitable for anyone working in IT service management, IT, service integration and project management, and is available to pre-order from the IT Governance Publishing website.